07 May 5 Reasons to Choose Strenx® Performance Steel
Are you seeking a cost-effective high-strength steel solution? Central Steel Service recommends Strenx®/Domex 100XF Performance Steel for applications where high strength and excellent cold forming characteristics can reduce overall production costs. As the designer’s choice and the workshop’s favorite, Strenx® performance steel features characteristics everyone values.
Strenx®/Domex® 100XF steel is a thermostatically rolled sheet, 100% iron ore-based product with a minimum yield strength of 100ksi. It is also ideal in applications where improved strength and weight reduction is desired due to its higher yield strength over normally used 50ksi minimum yield strength grades. Strenx® 100XF has superior flatness, and therefore excellent for laser or plasma burning applications.
According to SSAB, here are the top 5 reasons to choose Strenx® Performance Steel:
- Built-in performance: SSAB has the world’s most demanding steel customers. Strenx® performance steel meets their needs with yield strengths between 600 and 1300 MPa (87-189 ksi) and 07. To 160 mm (22 gauge-6 ¼”) in thickness – an outstanding combination that saves weight in numerous applications.
- The designer’s choice: Design engineers can make the most of their experience and imagination when working with Strenx®. A wide choice of strength levels and thicknesses, extreme toughness even at low temperatures, and very high resistance to plastic deformation contribute to new and innovative designs.
- Consistent properties: Strenx® is made from the cleanest steel possible and top-of-the-line process control. You get the same properties in each plate and in all plates of the same grade, making it the workshop’s favorite for cutting, bending, forming, machining, and welding.
- Guaranteed tolerances: Strenx® performance steel comes with a ground-breaking set of guarantees for impact toughness, thickness, flatness and bending radius, enabling higher safety when designing and minimum risk for unexpected or sudden failures.
- Brand value: Strenx® is one of the SSAB brands that is recognized and highly valued all over the world. The international brand program, My Inner Strenx, gathers together top manufacturers that use Strenx® to enhance their products and achieve a stronger market impact.
Ultimately, Strenx® performance steel can make your products stronger, lighter and safer as well as more competitive and sustainable. SSAB calls it performance steel because it adds performance beyond ordinary structural steel.
Contact Central Steel Service for your high-strength steel needs and learn more about the sizes and gauges we stock here.