03 May Using Corten Steel Landscape Edging
Commercial landscapes, gardens, backyards, and other outdoor spaces are made up of various areas with different purposes. The best way to contain each area and keep the entire space looking neat and tidy is to use landscape edging.
Landscape edging serves both functional and aesthetic purposes in landscape design. For example, landscape edging may hold gravel or mulch in place, while also creating a crisp edge that accentuates each separate space in the garden.
Metal landscape edging, in particular, is a long-time design secret of professional landscapers. In fact, Gardenista claims that metal landscape edging is “the little black dress of a garden: elegant, strong yet understated, tailored and timeless.”
Benefits of Metal Landscape Edging
Metal landscape edging offers several benefits to both professional and amateur landscapers:
- The thinner profile of metal landscape edging creates a clean separation between garden beds, grass, paths and driveways using minimal space and minimizing visual distraction.
- While metal landscape edging is thinner, it does not lack structural strength. Steel edging holds its shape and place while pushing back against any ground movement created by extreme weather conditions.
- Despite the strength of metal edging, it is easy to shape and install into clean lines and geometric shapes.
- Metal edging prevents garden materials such as gravel, mulch, and grass from mixing and mingling where they don’t belong.
- Metal edging is long-lasting and maintenance free.
Does metal landscape edging sound right for your space? Consider weathering steel, or corten steel, landscape edging.
Using Corten Steel Landscape Edging
Corten steel landscape edging offers all the benefits of metal landscape edging and more. The desirable orange-brown patina that corten steel develops over time blends beautifully into all outdoors spaces. Its rustic color and texture goes well with stone, wood, plants, and other outdoor elements. Plus, corten steel can be used for other garden features, such as planter boxes, retaining walls, fire features and fencing.
Contact Central Steel Service for Corten Landscape Edging
Central Steel Service stocks prefabricated ASTM A606-4 edging with slots and steaks for easy installation. Corten steel landscape edging has standard steel finish and develops its patina appearance over time. It is available in standard sizes and custom-cut strips. Contact us today!